The World’s largest Covid-19 vaccination drive: Who can get shot now? How to register for vaccination? What Covid-19 vaccines are used in India? How can you register offline? If you are looking for the correct and latest information regarding such questions, you are at the right place. Here, we will answer all of your Covid Vaccine related queries.
India is all set to run into the third phase of vaccination, beginning from April 1. The first and second drives of Covid vaccination in India prioritized the healthcare workers, frontline and municipal workers, and population of 50-60 years of age with co-morbidities. However, the third phase of the drive is allowing people of over 45 years of age to for vaccination. Moreover, for further information about India’s Covid-19 vaccines and vaccination, you must go through the below sections.
Which Covid Vaccines are being used in India?
Currently, India is using two vaccines- Covaxin and Covishield. The primary details and differences between the two vaccines are:-
Covaxin: working, efficacy, and other information
- Developed by the Hyderabad-based 24-year-old vaccine maker, Bharat Biotech International Limited, with the Indian Council of medical research and the National Institute of Virology(Pune.)
- It is an inactivated vaccine that is made up of killed coronaviruses.
- It does not replicate, which makes it unlikely to revert or cause any pathological effects.
- Two doses are given four to six weeks apart.
- The vaccine contains dead viruses. Therefore, it is incapable of infecting people but still able to instruct the immune system to mount a defensive reaction against an infection.
- Its efficacy rate is 81%.
Covishield: how does it work?
- The Oxford University of Britain has developed the vaccine, and locally, it is being manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (the world’s largest vaccine manufacturer).
- It is based on the Viral Vector platform. In addition to this, the vaccine contains the weakened version of a common cold virus known as Adenovirus found in chimpanzees.
- It prompts the person’s immune system to start making antibodies to attack any coronavirus infection.
- Its two doses are given between four to eight weeks apart, and its efficacy rate is 71%.
What must people over 18 years of age without comorbidities or disease know about the vaccination?
Now, people of 18 years of age or above are eligible to get the vaccination with or without comorbidity. Thus, it means that any citizen of the country, who is 18 or above and has valid proof of the same, is eligible for vaccination. Therefore, you or any of your family members and friends can get vaccinated if they are 18+. Vaccination is open for those who fulfill the criteria.
How to register yourself for vaccination?
Currently, there are two methods to register for the vaccination- via the CoWin portal and through the Aarogya Setu app. However, the easiest way to register for the Covid-19 vaccination is via the “Aarogya Setu” application. In this section of the blog, we have given the complete step-wise procedure for registration. Therefore, you must follow the steps carefully:-
- You need to have the Aarogya Setu application installed on your smartphone. The app is available for both iOS and Android. Moreover, you need to login via your mobile number.
- Open the app and tap on the “CoWin” tab given in the top-left corner.
- Then, you will see four options. Here you need to tap on the second option- “Vaccination (Login/Register).”
- Now, you should provide your mobile number in the given slot and click on the “Proceed to Verify” option.
- Note: You can register up to four beneficiaries on your mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP, and you need to enter this OTP in the given slot to proceed further.
- In the following steps, you should provide details like ID proof, name, gender, and birth year.
- In the end, you should choose a vaccination centre and choose the date to take Covid Vaccine.
- You will receive the appointment confirmation via SMS.
- Note: Make sure you visit the centre with the registered ID proof.
How to book an appointment slot for Covid 19 vaccine
The procedure to get the Covid 19 slot is simple and straightforward. You can book the slot easily via the CoWin website by following the below process:-
- Firstly, visit the official website of CoWin.
- Now, click the “Register/Sign In yourself” tab in the top-right corner to access the registration or sign-in window.
- Type your registered mobile number in the given slot and click “Get OTP.”
- Now enter the OTP in the given slot to get signed in to your CoWin account.
- After this, click on the “Schedule” button given under the person’s information for who you want to book the slot.
- Now, you have two options, “search by PIN” or “search by District.” Choose your preferred option and follow the further related instructions-
For those who opted for “Search by PIN.”
- Enter your PIN in the slot and click “Search.”
- After this, you should select the given options to see all the available centers and slots.
- Once you find a vacant slot at the center, you should click on the time slot and fill in the security code.
- After following the above steps, you should click on the confirm button to complete the booking.
2. For those who opted for “Search by District.”
- Select your state
- Select your district
- Now, select the options to get customized results.
- Look for the vacant (Green or Yellow) slots and click on them.
- After this, you should choose the time slot and fill in the security code in the given place.
- At last, click on the confirm button to complete the booking.
Note: Make sure you visit the vaccination center on time with the registered ID proof.
Note: You should download the appointment slip after scheduling the appointment.
Common Symptoms to expect after Covid Vaccine dose
You might experience some common effects after getting vaccinated, like mild headaches, pain or swelling at the injection site, mild fever, irritability.
Some other important facts and details on vaccination:-
To ensure the highest efficiency of the vaccination, you must keep the following information in mind:-
- You are free to choose the date of the 2nd dose within the 4th-8th weeks as per your convenience.
- Even if you’re automatically scheduled for the 2nd dose, you can choose the date or date between the extended period and reschedule it via “www.cowin.gov.in.”
- The vaccination is available for all who are 45 years and above, irrespective of any health conditions or comorbidities.
- The CoWin portal will be open for appointment and registration from April 1, 2021. In addition to this, the onsite registration will also be available from April 1.
- Make sure you receive the hard copy or a digital link/document of your vaccination certificate.
You will be kept under the observation period of 30 minutes after the Covid Vaccine dose.
Here’s how you can be prepared beforehand and avoid danger!
Following the strict security measures will of no use if we are not strong from within. It has been noted that most of the Covid 19 victims had weaker immunity due to various reasons. Moreover, older adults are more likely to get ill from Covid 19. Therefore, keeping this in mind, we have enlisted the best ways through which you can lessen or avoid the Covid danger and be prepared to fight against it:-
It’s one of the most important steps that you must take if you want to be prepared to fight against the pandemic. Here are the best health insurances that you can avail at discounted pricing at NetrockDeals-
You can protect yourself and loved ones using this insurance. Moreover, do not forget to use our HDFC Ergo health coupons to get extra benefits.
Get complete protection for your loved ones with ICICI health insurance. All you need to do is visit the health insurance section of NetrockDeals and click on the ICICI Prudential Life Insurance coupon to activate the deal. It also covers Covid 19 claims.
Another best health insurance that you can go for is Care Health Insurance. You must get this deal via NetrockDeals for extra benefits on the insurance.
How to save on medicines?
Here are the most trusted online providers of medicines that provide you with original and genuine medicines at discounted prices-
Get one of the most extensive pharmacies right at your doorstep. You should strictly avoid going outdoors as much as you can. Use our Apollo pharmacy coupons to save up to 10-15% on your purchase.
Another trusted online medical store we have added to this list is 1mg. All the medicines available at this store fulfill international standards. Also, do not miss the chance to save up to 18-50% off using the latest 1mg coupon via NetrockDeals.
Get your medicines and savings delivered to your doorstep using our Medlife coupon code. Thus, you can keep your family, and yourself protected indoors using these online pharmacies.
Build immunity with these brands!
In this section, we have listed the trusted online stores from where you can order original immunity boosters-
HealthKart helps you get your nutritional needs completed even during the lockdown. You can purchase genuine health supplements, vitamins, and supplements, etc., at discounted prices by applying the Healthkart coupon provided at NetrockDeals.
It offers an extensive range of categories, including Ayurveda, Allopathy, Homeopathy, Nutrition, personal care, baby care, and many more. You can get up to 40% off on your purchase and gain extra benefits like free delivery using our Healthmug coupons.
Use our Myprotein discount code to get huge discounts on your Myprotein purchase. You must try their bestsellers, including Vitamin C Plus Tablets and Baked protein cookies, to boost your immunity and make yourself Covid fit.
This blog serves as a single source for all the essential information on Indian Covid Vaccine and vaccination procedure. Here, we provided the authentic and latest information about the third phase of Corona vaccination, including age and eligibility, required documents, etc. In addition to this, we discussed the two Covid vaccines that are being used in India. Moreover, you can also register for the vaccination via CoWin or Aarogya Setu application using the complete step-by-step procedure given in this blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section contains the frequently asked question about the Covid-19 vaccination. You must go through these questions to get answers about the registration, appointment, certificate, etc.:-
Is online registration mandatory for Covid 19 vaccination?No, online registration is not mandatory for the vaccination. Vaccination centres also provide a limited number of on-spot registration slots every day. However, we recommend you choose the online registration method.How can I register for vaccination without an Aadhaar card?You can use any of the following ID proofs:-
Driving License |
PAN card |
Pension Passbook |
NPR Smart Card |
Voter ID CardHow can I find the nearest Covid Centre?You can find your nearest Covid centre through the Co-Win portal or Aarogya Setu app by either searching through the PIN code or the State or District.Where can I download the vaccination certificate from?You can download the certificate from the Co-Win portal- cowin.gov.in or from the Aarogya Setu app.Can I get 2nd dose in a different State/District?You can get vaccination in any State or District. However, the only limitation is that you should get the vaccine at the same centres that are offering the same Covid Vaccine that you have been given in the first dose.